Sunday, November 18, 2018

A New Chapter

I honestly never expected to write another entry in this blog.  As I've learned many times in life, things don't always turn out the way you expect, and it was the subject of so many blog postings herself - Alexa - who asked me to resume the blog after she learned about its existence.  It is pretty remarkable to go back and see how well-documented several years of her life are.  This blog was the opportunity for me to stop, pause and make the most of each day.  Alexa read just a few postings and was hooked....she loves to hear NeNe (my mom) tell stories about her childhood, and I could see Alexa's eye light up as she realized she has stories - and pictures - of her own.

So much has changed since the last posting, but there's one thing that is still the same and underpins so much of what I do...the love I have for my girls.  Our dynamics continue to evolve, and I can say whole-heartedly that my relationship with each is stronger than it's ever been.  I am lucky, happy and blessed, and the girls and I feel the best is yet to come.

I had to laugh when I saw the blog posting from nearly three years ago, as the scenario from that day is still topical today.  Practically deja vu.  In preparation for our trip to Milwaukee and Chicago, I spent the weekend shopping for winter clothes for the girls.  Athleta for Alexa to take advantage of the 20% off sale, and nearly a half-dozen stores for Ani to try to find pants that fit her skinny, little body.  Ani asked me last week if I could buy her jeans with pockets, as the denim-like jeggings don't trick her like they did in the past.  I found one pair that may fit her - fingers crossed - and it's at the top of the try-on pile as soon as I see her again Tuesday.  Nothing like a last-minute rush to find clothes that fit on the same-day as our flight.

I am hopeful that I can resume the blog on a regular basis to meet Alexa's request.  I hadn't looked at the blog in years until I told Alexa about it, and it was fun (and a bit sad) to look back at some of the postings.  Alexa, Ani and I could not stop laughing after we resurrected this photo below...that face!  While I haven't seen that frightened look from Ani recently, Alexa still has that exact same expression when we play the 'Make Me Laugh' game.  Somethings never change.....

This picture - from Ani's newborn session - never ceases to entertain.  Alexa's tough girl face is priceless!

Nearly five years later....definitely more normal faces, but Alexa is still a protective older sister.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back! I love to read about your family! Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete