Tuesday, July 8, 2014

6-months already!?!

It's hard to believe it, but Ani celebrated her six-month birthday today.  Time has flown by!

Today was a bit more meaningful to us than six-month birthdays are to most people; hitting the six-month mark was a big deal!  Alexa is very excited for Ani to start crawling and doing all of the other fun stuff she has seen her friends' siblings do...it's finally her turn to experience it.

One of the major milestones with the six-month mark is the introduction of vegetables and fruit into her diet.  On Friday we introduced Ani to sweet potatoes, and in true Hovey form, she gobbled up the new "treat."  I think 50-percent ended up on her (she grabbed the spoon and attempted to feed herself) or Bumbo seat, but Alstott had no problem helping me clean up the mess.  We'll be starting avocados this coming weekend, and I am hopeful that she acquires a taste for them as quickly as she did with sweet potatoes.  Fingers crossed for a non-picky baby!

When I laid a smiling Ani in her crib tonight, I too had to smile and breathe a deep sigh of relief.  We made it!!!  Just like Alexa, I too am looking forward to the milestones she will achieve in the coming weeks, months and years.  I know her big brother is looking down and smiling with his signature grin :)

The sweet potatoes were a hit; I'm still trying to
remove the stains from her clothes!
Of course Alstott was hovering as she ate the sweet potatoes....
much to Ani's delight.  He's #1 in our house.

3 comments:

  1. Happy birthday, my beautiful girl.

    Love,
    Auntie Ani

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am finally getting around to catching up on the blog. Glad to see she loves Sweet Potatoes. Before you know it she will be feeding herself. Love, Mike & Joanne

    ReplyDelete