When I flew to St. Louis with the girls, I had strapped Ani to me in the Baby Bjorn, and she's reached the point where she can face-out (yeah...head control!). It didn't take her long to figure out that she could elicit reactions if she made eye contact with people in the airport and smiled. I've never had so many comments about my kiddos as I did that evening in the airport with Ani. Our flight was delayed, so she took advantage of the passing time and made sure everyone waiting acknowledged her and her crooked little grin. As passengers boarded the flight, she sat on my lap, smiling at everyone who walked down the aisle. She seemed especially enamored with a twenty-something guy who kindly informed me that I will be in big trouble when she's a teenager. Great....
Mobility is also becoming a huge factor for our tiny peanut, something we never really had to address with Granty. I have to admit, it is odd to see a baby of her size nearly-crawling - Damon and I joke that she's like a chihuahua underfoot, all 10-1/2 pounds of her. It's been a challenge for each of us to get used to Ani's scooting and rolling, no one more than Alexa. She's been used to being an only child, one who's never had to worry about the small pieces that are associated with most of her toys. That's definitely not the case anymore.
Alexa was playing with a Lego set and its hundreds of microscopic pieces off to the side of Ani's mat. Even though Ani was several feet away, she locked in on Alexa and those Legos and wriggled across the floor in record time. I was washing the dishes and saw the entire situation unfold, even humming the "Jaws" theme as Ani approached Alexa...poor Alexa scrambled to pick up her Legos as fast as she could.
If Ani can move this fast in the creep position, we are in big trouble when she's figured out the crawling position. Alexa may need to revert to baby toys comprised of large pieces just to avoid the hassle!
![]() |
| Our future troublemaker.... :) |

Let the fun begin!
ReplyDeleteWhat a darling photo!!! Trouble with a capital "T". Love Joanne
ReplyDelete