When we came home from gymnastics tonight, Alexa was eager to watch her daily television show, so I planned to hop on the treadmill and eek out a run while Ani snoozed in the car seat. Once again, she foiled my plan to run, as she woke up from her catnap the instant I began to program the treadmill. I'm starting to think she has a sixth-sense.... It's becoming increasingly harder to get motivated to run late at night, so I decided to sit Ani in the Bumbo seat next to the treadmill to see how long she'd allow me to run. I wasn't too optimistic that she would sit happily, expecting maybe enough time to squeeze in a mile or so. I'm not sure if it was the murmur of the motor or rhythmic motion of my bright running shoes, but Ani was transfixed by the treadmill. The lovie I'd given her for entertainment was immediately dropped, and she was squawking and smiling at me as I embarked upon my run. Miraculously I was able to run 3-miles before Alexa came into the room and was ready for dinner. Not too shabby!
With Granty's picture in front of the treadmill and Ani grinning at me from the side, it was not hard to summon the motivation to run. I think we have a future cheerleader on our hands...or at least my new personal trainer!
| One cute cheerleader....a very biased opinion, of course! |
Such a sweetheart. Love Mike & Joanne
ReplyDelete