Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Missing a Laugh

Tax Day....not exactly my favorite day of the year, but I guess it could be worse.  Thankfully I had a little peanut to lighten the mood today.  As you can see from the picture below, Ani is becoming quite the ham!

Tonight Alexa and I were being silly, trying to figure out the things that makes Ani laugh.  Ani is fascinated with Alexa (Alstott too), so it was cute to see her crane her neck to see Alexa whenever she was speaking.  It did not take much to get Ani giggling....all Alexa had to do was laugh, and Ani would immediately being laughing with her.  I just sat back and listened to the laughter of the two girls - what an amazing sound - thinking that only one thing could make the situation a little more perfect.  As if she were reading my mind, Alexa said, "I wish Granty was here too."

Without fail, the happiest of situations always seems to evoke the memories of Granty; no matter how fantastic things are, there's always something missing.  I don't think this will ever change, and honestly I'm rather glad about that.  His memory is very powerful; I would be devastated if I (or Alexa) stopped talking about him or wishing Granty was here with us.

What taxes?!?!

1 comment:

  1. What a little cutie. I wish I could laugh like Ani on Tax Day. I am so happy for all of you Love, Joanne

    ReplyDelete