As Alexa, Ani and I were driving home from school last week, I began to see flashes of a young Connie as Alexa began to pepper me with questions about the Easter Bunny. I have to admit, I was pretty impressed, not to mention proud, to hear some of the logic she was applying. Maybe the Easter Bunny charade will soon be coming to an end!
Easter is probably Alexa's favorite holiday, so she's been thinking about it and plotting her strategy for the Easter egg hunt as soon as her birthday passed. As we drove home from school, she asked me a barrage of questions that I'm sure she'd been stewing on for days. "Why haven't I ever seen the Easter Bunny shopping at Target or WalMart?" Hmmm...good question, because we would definitely have seen him if he were a Target shopper :) Before I could craft a clever answer, she began to talk herself through possible answers, "Maybe he has people helpers. Or maybe he goes at night when no one is there!" I started to roll with the latter suggestion, as I figured the former would lead to more questions about the bunny's helper selection process. Bad decision. She continued her questioning, "If he goes to Target at night when no one is there, does that mean he steals everything?" It took everything I had not to burst out in a fit of laughter - only my daughter would surmise that the Easter Bunny is a shoplifter.
I didn't want her to think she had a "hot" Easter basket, so I responded the best way I knew how...."I think it's time to call NeNe and ask her these questions." :)
| Loving her "hot" My Little Pony Easter basket from last year... |
No comments:
Post a Comment