Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Three Months!

Happy 3-month Birthday, Ani!  It's hard to believe the little peanut turned three months-old today, but at the same time, it seems like she has been a part of our family for much longer.

Ani continues to be the easiest baby...fingers crossed.  She eats and sleeps well, has a great disposition and is developing a very charismatic personality.  She's been smiling and laughing up a storm - it makes me wish I could go back on maternity leave - which is a lot of fun for all of us.  Alexa and I try to come up with things to do to make her laugh...there's really no cuter sound than a baby laughing.  So far we've discovered one sure-fire way to get Ani to laugh - we mimic Cookie Monster voices (don't ask :).  I cannot describe how wonderful it is to have a house full of laughter and joy again.  Although I know it's sometimes tough for Alexa to share my time, I know she wouldn't trade her sister for anything in the world.

Tonight we had a belated Opening Day dinner, including hot dogs (low-fat, of course) and Cracker Jacks for dessert, as we tuned into the Cardinals game.  Before we could get settled, Alexa asked me to pause the game - she'll never know what television was like before the days of tv without dvr - and she ran into Ani's room.  She came back holding one of Grant's Cardinals bibs, proclaiming, "I don't think Granty will mind if Ani borrows his Cardinals bib.  Sharing is caring."  After laughing at her latter comment, I had to smile as she put the bib on Ani's neck.  You can definitely see the resemblance to her older brother, and I'm sure Granty was more than happy to pass his signature bibs (some of the few that actually fit him) along to his little sister.

Showing off her bib on-loan from Granty :)

No comments:

Post a Comment