On Saturday afternoon, I was able to implement my dream multi-tasking scenario: I was running on the treadmill with the Cardinals-Cubs game on the television, the sliding door right next to the treadmill was open as Alexa drew with sidewalk chalk outside just feet away, and I had a visual of Ani as she slept in the bouncy seat....a dream come true! I was able to eek out a 4.5-mile run without any interruptions...only Alexa asking me to look at the pictures she was drawing. I was ecstatic to knock out my run before 9pm and thrilled that I didn't have to hop off the treadmill to tend to either of the kiddos. Bliss!
Alexa is still getting used to sharing my attention with Ani, so I am making sure to spend quality one-on--one time with her whenever I can. This weekend's activity? A long-awaited bike ride....outside of our neighborhood. Alexa has officially mastered riding a two-wheel bicycle, and she has passed my start-stop drills with flying colors...the stopping took the longest by-far to master - she initially adopted the "crash into something to stop" method. Alexa has been begging to leave the confines of our neighborhood, so on Sunday morning we emerged from behind the gate and took to the "mean" streets of Scottsdale and its super-wide sidewalks. She did have a few issues with veering, as she tends to steer in the direction she's looking, but overall it was a successful two-mile ride. Not too bad for her first "real" ride!
We're already looking forward to next weekend - tennis lessons begin bright and early on Saturday morning. "Real" lessons with a tennis pro...not just Dad and Mom. :)
| Dining al fresco....a great way to end the weekend. |
How I long to ride a bike again, but after October's horrific fall I will be walking the paths of Kiawah this October instead of riding. Glad to hear you and Alexa love to ride. Love Joanne
ReplyDelete