Tonight Damon had the night off, so he graciously offered to pick up Alexa from school. When I heard his car pull into the garage, I eagerly awaited Alexa's entrance. As soon as they came into the house, I quickly realized there's been a significant shift in the pecking order of the Hovannisian house. Until a few weeks ago, Alexa would enthusiastically burst through the door calling out, "Mommy!"...I was always her go-to person. Tonight, however, was a different story. When she came into the house, her priorities were (in order) Alstott, Ani and myself as a distant third; Alstott and Ani were neck-and-neck. Yes, I have been trumped by the dog!
Although it's a slight blow to my ego (lol), I am genuinely excited for Alexa to develop a bond with Ani. Having four siblings of my own, I cannot wait for Alexa and Ani to experience the relationship that goes along with having a sibling - including all of the ups, downs and a little bit of sibling rivalry. With a nearly five-year age difference, it may take a little longer for them to feel this closeness, but both Damon and I fully expect these girls to become BFF's (not taking anything away from Alexa's BFF Gabriella!). Maybe we're being a bit naive, but we think the five-year age gap could alleviate some of the sibling rivalry. Check back with me in ten years - - it may be an entirely different story :) For now, we'll enjoy the situation at hand: a doting big sister who is gaga to have a baby at home again!
I'll simply work on reasserting a little bit of clout with Alexa...I need to at least regain status above Alstott!
| Alexa's enthusiasm isn't 100-percent reciprocated these days.... |
| A very proud big sister - - Ani's happy not to be smothered! |
No comments:
Post a Comment