Thursday, February 27, 2014

Birthday Season

This is a busy time of year on the birthday circuit - including Alexa's birthday next Wednesday - and have an upcoming weekend and month of parties.  We will be celebrating Alexa's 5th birthday this Saturday at Pump It Up, a place with bounce houses and other inflatables, so I have been busy planning elements of her party over the past several weeks. Pump It Up parties are largely all-inclusive, so most of my planning has been focused upon the food (how much pizza to order) and the all-important favors.  I swear, favors are the most stressful part of planning a party!

Tonight it was time to celebrate my girlfriend Jenny's birthday and enjoy a fun girls' night out...a very nice break from fretting over favors and how much pizza to order!  I met Jenny through Alexa's school about two years ago (her teachers thought we would be a good match!), and she has become a great friend and introduced me to other wonderful girls here in Arizona.  This evening did not disappoint - good food and wine - and was a great celebration for an amazing friend!  I could definitely get used to these nights out...they're especially nice when I don't have to think about waking up for work the next morning - another perk of maternity leave :)

Tomorrow I will finalize everything for Alexa's bash; I couldn't add the food elements to the favor bags out of fear that Alstott would ravage them.  Damon has joked that it's probably a good thing that I will be returning to work in a couple of weeks....without a party to plan, I don't know what project would occupy my time!

Another year has flown by.....
Looking forward to adding Ani to the picture this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment