It only requires one simple word to describe the past 30 days for our family - joy. After enduring what will likely be the darkest and most trying times in our lives, the arrival of this little peanut has provided a sense of hope and happiness for us. The longing for our Granty and thoughts of "what it" will never dissipate, but in all actuality, it is because of Granty and his heroic battle that we have little Ani. Good things continue to happen because of Granty's life and legacy...
Apparently the joy that Ani has brought to my life is evident on my face. Yesterday Ani and I took a field trip to my office in Chandler to meet my former boss for lunch; it was the first time Ani's left Scottsdale. The office was pretty sparsely populated since it was Friday, but everyone I encountered commented that I looked extremely happy and relaxed. One of the corporate attorneys remarked that I was "glowing." Normally I would attribute the comments to my current lack of work-related stress, but I will assume my lack of sleep is fully offsetting that effect. The joy I feel is evident, practically written across my face. :)
| Checking out her surroundings from the comfy confines of her swing. |
If anyone deserves to be happy, it's you. I don't think Ani could be any cuter! Enjoy your time with her, as you know it does go by quickly. Miss you guys!
ReplyDeleteOne of my favorite posts to date! :)
ReplyDeleteDamon and Connie, just caught up on the blogs and loved every single one. I can't believe the peanut is already a month old!! How time does fly. Loves and Kisses, Mike and Joanne
ReplyDelete