It didn't take too long for me to appreciate the quality time, as Friday morning was a very early morning for us. Ani woke up around 5am (after a 3am feeding) and could not get comfortable in her crib but had no problem falling asleep in my arms, so I moved to the living room and settled on the couch while mindlessly watching the early morning news. Within 20 minutes, Alstott sauntered out of the master bedroom to find me and curled up on the couch next to me. By 6am, Alexa was out of her room and decided she too wanted to join us on the couch for her last hour of sleep. Before I knew it, I had Alstott's head on my left leg, Alexa's head on the right side of my lap and Ani curled up on my chest. It would have been a very cute picture...
The nearly five-year age differential between Alexa and Ani is probably one of the reasons I am able to enjoy my time with them so much - it's relatively easy! Compared to just two years ago with Alexa and Grant, she is much more of a help to me and even knows when to ask if I need help. Alexa is a great second set of ears for me, as I am able to ask her to listen for Ani while I sneak in a quick run on the treadmill or take a quick shower. After I had gotten the girls ready for the day this morning, Alexa noticed I had not yet eaten breakfast nor taken a shower. Ani was sitting in her swing, and Alexa looked at me and said, "Mommy, eat one of your bars (Luna energy bar) and take a shower; I've got everything under control." It took everything I had not to burst out laughing, but I didn't want to offend Alexa, so I simply smiled and did as she requested. She even knocked on the bathroom door while I was mid-shower to let me know that "everything was still under control." Too funny!
| Mommy's Little Helper... and I truly appreciate it! |
| Not the best lighting (and a little blurry) but I was able to capture one of Ani's big smiles tonight :) |
No comments:
Post a Comment