Thursday, February 13, 2014

Feel the Burn

Tonight I was getting ready to go out and celebrate a girlfriends' birthday, and as Alexa was hugging me good-bye, she commented that my belly is still a little big.  Talk about giving me a complex....she's a tougher critic than even myself!  However, I didn't let the harsh critque of my personal trainer Alexa dampen my spirits.  While out with my girlfriends tonight, I had two 'skinny' margaritas (my first taste of alcohol in well over a year), shrimp tacos and birthday cake, so I have a definite reason to get on the treadmill tomorrow.

Although I don't have a full medical release to return to normal physical activity, I have been chomping at the bit to return to my exercise regimen and return to pre-baby shape.  Since Ani was one week-old, I have adopted a pretty rigorous walking routine on the treadmill (I cheat and have included some running as well) and have also resumed some moderate weight-lifting.  To help motivate me, I dvr mindless television shows (right now it's 'The Bachelor') and only allow myself to watch the show while I am on the treadmill.  One two-hour episode of 'The Bachelor' guarantees at least two or three good workouts!

As Ani has been more alert throughout the day, I have also started to include her in my workout routines.  I shamelessly use the little peanut as a weight (albeit a light 6-pound one), and she oftentimes does her daily "tummy time" on the floor next to me while I do abs.  It's the best of all worlds - - I get to spend time with my little girl and get a workout done at the same time!

Ani and I will have a long workout tomorrow...I have a lot of calories to burn after my night out!

Alstorr supervised 'tummy time' for a few minutes today....
Until both of them decided it was time for a break!

No comments:

Post a Comment