Monday, February 24, 2014

Drawing Comparisons

It is impossible not to draw comparisons between Ani and her siblings, and the similarities are becoming more obvious as Ani gets older and her personality is more defined.

Ani is by-far the most opinionated of the three, a sure-sign Damon and I are in trouble for years to come.  She is not at crier whatsoever, but she has a definite way to let everyone know what she wants.  It if were not the middle of the night, it would be entertaining to listen to her on the baby monitor at 3am.  Ani starts out with a few relatively quiet wimpers but it quickly escalates to loud squawking, the tone becoming sharper with each outburst.  By the time I make it across the house to get her out of the crib, she's normally not too happy - especially when I postpone her feeding with a diaper change first.  It's hard to believe someone so tiny can make so much noise!  She is even starting to add a snarl on her face to convey her displeasure.

Although the early personalities of the three have been different, some of the physical traits are strikingly similar.  Ani's arms are usually moving and flailing, and I cannot help but think about Granty and his notorious leg movement.  His left leg was constantly bouncing; I don't think I ever saw the little guy sit still.  Damon and I mentioned his leg movements to his neuro-oncologist, assuming his "jimmy-leg" was likely the result of the tumor.  The oncologist double-checked Grant's MRI and smiled, "Nope.  I think that's just him."  It looks like boundless energy must run in our family. ;)

Ready to run some errands with Mommy today.

No comments:

Post a Comment