Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Little Miss Popular

One of the most enjoyable parts of my day is undoubtedly when Ani and I pick up Alexa from Aftercare.  Post-Ani, these pick-ups have taken on an entirely new routine.  When it was just me, it wasn't uncommon for Alexa to greet me by complaining, "Aww...you're too early!" and she would begrudgingly leave whatever activity she was doing.  Nowadays, it's like I'm bringing a rockstar into the classroom, as Alexa and her classmates clamor to meet me at the door to greet Ani.  It's like a daily show-and-tell session!

The older students (kindergartners) are especially keen of Ani, and it is very cute to hear them ooh and ahh over every movement and sound Ani makes.  It's entertaining to watch the older girls police the younger kids around Ani, reminding them to give her space and keep their hands behind their backs.  There are definitely some aspiring babysitters in the group!

Without a doubt, my favorite part of the "show-and-tell" is seeing Alexa beam with pride and excitedly show-off her baby sister.  It is obvious that she is thrilled to have so many friends interested in Ani, and she loves to kiss Ani and be the only one who is allowed to touch the little peanut.  It's quite the ego boost for her to be the big sister of the newest and most popular baby!

I'm not sure how long Ani's 'hot commodity' status will last with Alexa's classmates, but I don't see her popularity waning with Alexa.  She is a natural big sister, and I think Ani will soon reciprocate Alexa's feelings and become her biggest fan.

Little Miss Popular!





No comments:

Post a Comment