Saturday, March 15, 2014

Sunny Disposition v2

It's been a tougher than normal adjustment back to normal life.  Spring Break in St. Louis was just too much fun!  Since we landed on Thursday night, Alexa has commented daily that she wants to go back to St. Louis and NeNe and Papa's house.  Poor Ani has endured an even rougher adjustment; the little peanut has a terrible cold - probably the result of the weather changes and/or airline flight.  We've erred on the side of caution and kept her at home since our return.  Thankfully she's maintained her normal disposition....except when I've had to use the dreaded nasal aspirator.

I'm sure the coughing, sneezing and general congestion has to be pretty miserable, but Ani has managed to be her normal, happy self.  Sounds a lot like my Granty....  As she has gotten older, the similarities between Ani and Grant are pretty remarkable.  Ani has been blessed with the same sunny disposition that was synonymous with Granty.  She has been a very easy baby, only getting riled up when she's hungry (we never had to worry about that when Granty had his NG tube) or, as I found out yesterday and today, when she's faced with the aspirator.  Among the many physical traits shared by my three kiddos, Granty and Ani even have the same crooked smile. :)

I went into Ani's room tonight to make sure the humidifier had ample water to last through the night.  When I glanced over at the crib to check on Ani, I noticed she was wide-awake with her big eyes fixated upon the stuffed giraffe that sits atop her crib.  I'm sure the giraffe's spots are the key driver of the attraction, but the sentimental and emotional side of me also has to attribute it to Granty.  There's no doubt that the little guy is watching over all of us, and I'm sure Ani, like the rest of us, will feel his presence daily.

What cold?!?  Still smiling....
There's a definite sibling resemblance to her older brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment