Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Whew!!

My business trip has not started off too well....my 9:55pm flight to Los Angeles (the last flight of the night) is now delayed until midnight.  Ugh.  I would much rather be killing the time at home than at a pretty desolate Sky Harbor airport.  At least Ani has me well-trained to function without too much sleep; I've already canned my planned workout before the 7am meetings.

At least my day started out much better than it's ending.  Ani had a pediatrician appointment this morning for her two-month checkup (a couple weeks late).  Through Grant's ordeal, we became very close to the kiddos' pediatrician and nurse (Granty's "girlfriend", Nichole), so the visits to the doctor's office are practically a social outing for me.  I'm sure Ani would not exactly agree with my sentiments after she received two shots today!  Prior to the shots, Ani was being her normal self, staring, smiling and chatting it up.  Nichole even took her to the nurses' station to show her off a bit...I still forget how small she is.

Thankfully everything went well at this appointment, as Ani's following her own steady growth curve - she's a whopping 7 lbs 13 oz!  It's hard to believe she's the size of an average newborn at 10-weeks old, but the pediatrician does expect her to be pretty petite.  As we left the appointment, I breathed a huge sigh of relief.  It was Grant's two-month appointment, when he did not put on the expected weight between one and two months old, that provided an early indication that something wasn't quite right.  Even though Ani's weight gain is pretty obvious, I was still pretty nervous for this appointment - - I would have run her straight to Phoenix Children's for an MRI had her weight not progressed as expected (yes, I am becoming THAT parent..lol).  Hopefully a few more appointments will help these worries to subside; I know everything is likely fine, but it's still hard not to have a few underlying worry beads.

I will be back at the pediatrician's office bright and early on Monday morning for Alexa's five-year visit.  I'm even bringing the Starbucks for our morning coffee...err, doctor's appt ;)

It was hard to leave my two girls behind!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear Ani is gaining weight. She will be petite but that is okay as long as everything is going on track. Great picture!!!! Love, Joanne

    ReplyDelete