My delayed trip to Los Angeles only got better when my cab driver to the hotel began screaming at me when he discovered his credit card machine was broken and I had no cash on hand....fun stuff! I didn't get to my room until 2am and had to wake up just a few hours later to begin the two days of all-day meetings. It was quite an adjustment from hanging out with my girl Ani to sitting in a conference room for 12+ hours of PowerPoint presentations and lively discussions followed by group dinners. I definitely missed the bonding time with my little peanut.
By Friday afternoon, I could not wait to get back to Arizona and pick up the girls from school...I genuinely missed Alexa and Ani after the 2.5 days in Los Angeles. Ani was enjoying a bottle and fighting to stay awake when I entered her classroom, but as soon as she heard my voice, she opened her eyes enough to see me and give me a little smile. Alexa was much more enthusiastic to greet me, but she was a bit torn when it came time to actually leave Aftercare, as I interrupted Friday Movie Day. Thankfully, the appeal of Mommy trumped Movie Day, and we headed home to make dinner. Alexa serenaded me with the Pharrell song "Happy" on the drive.....it was definitely a happy reunion!
Things haven't slowed down too much since being home. Alexa had swim this morning, followed by lunch with Damon's cousins who are in town this weekend and tonight was a highly-anticipated showing of the Disney movie "Frozen" at a friend's house. Alexa had been looking forward to tonight for weeks....I cannot count the number of times she asked me if it was 6 o'clock today. Mental note: Teach Alexa how to tell time. :)
Tomorrow should be a little more laid back before starting back to the grind on Monday morning. Let's hope Ani gets the memo and has a good night of sleep tonight. I could use a little rest!
![]() |
| One happy girl....with a doting big sister. |

No comments:
Post a Comment