Ani was awake bright and early this morning, but I was thankfully able to have a strictly transactional feeding around 4am and she went back to sleep immediately. At 7am, I heard her signature squawking (she never really cries...just squawks for attention) and was greeted with a huge smile when I picked her up from the crib. For the next few hours, she chatted up a storm, "talking" to me as I made my morning coffee and babbling as she, accompanied by Alstott, rolled around on the floor.
Gosh - I really miss the days of my maternity leave when I was able to spend all day with her. Ani is by-far the happiest baby I have ever encountered. If she had a social media handle, it would definitely be #Easiest Baby Ever. She sleeps well, eats well and is never in a bad mood...knock on wood. Several nights ago, I decided that since Ani's approaching the four-month mark, it was time to employ the Ferber Method at bedtime. When I put her in her crib, she was smiling and sucking happily on her hand. I thought for sure she'd start crying when I walked out of the room, but she kept babbling away. I went to check on her three minutes later, anticipating some squawking at any moment, and she was sound asleep with a slight smile on her face. Unbelievable....she really is an amazing little baby.
Today she was turning on the charm as we ran errands (had to pick up more chicken breasts for Alstott), as she would break into a huge grin when anyone made eye contact with her. The employee behind the Sprouts deli counter was enamored by Ani, calling co-workers to come to the counter to see her. Ani lapped up the attention, babbling back to each person as they spoke to her. I'm a lucky mom, and I can already foresee the trouble Damon and I will be encountering in sixteen years :)
***
Alstott update: Everyone's favorite puggle seems to be improving each day, and he has quickly learned to sidle up to me when I'm standing at the stove making his chicken and rice. Damon has incurred some ribbing in Fresno that I've cooked more for Alstott than I have for Damon in the nine-years we've been married...very true, but I don't think Damon would be content eating the same meal of chicken and rice for days.
| Happy enjoying some outdoor time this evening. She's holding up her head well, so she's already graduated to the Bumbo seat. |
Such a Sweetie Pie. I absolutely love her smile and I am so glad she is such a good baby, if anyone deserves it it is YOU! Love, Mike & Joanne
ReplyDelete