I've been a slacker updating the blog since my business travels this past week; these were definitely business versus leisure trips, as I didn't make it out for a run until nearly 10:30 pm on Tuesday night. A delayed flight home didn't help things, but I was happy to be home safely...just a little tired. I think Alexa and Ani had a little pity for me today, as Ani woke up at 5am to eat, but I was able to get her (and Alexa) back to sleep by 6:30am and both girls slept until nearly 8am. Happiness!
Alexa wholeheartedly embraced the concept of Mother's Day this year, and I cannot count the number of times she wished me a "Happy Mom's Day" this weekend. She created quite the art gallery for me, her favorite project being the personalized book she made for me at school. One of the pages in the book cited the reasons she loves me:
1.) I am cute.
2.) She loves cuddling with me.
3.) I am soft. [Not sure how I feel about that one....it did motivate me to do some extra weights.]
As I was on the treadmill today (trying to make sure next year's book says I'm as hard as steel - lol), Alexa was acting as my personal concierge, making sure I had water, the remote and even cheering me on as I squeezed in a four-mile run. Very sweet!
Mother's Day has become a day of mixed emotion for me; selfishly, I feel gypped that I will always celebrate the day "minus one". However, it does provide opportunity for me to be especially grateful for my two little girls while ensuring Granty is at the forefront of my thoughts. I know he must have been on Alexa's mind too; when I asked her to take a Mother's Day picture with Ani tonight, she insisted that she hold a stuffed giraffe in the picture to "remind us of Granty." There's no doubt I am a very lucky mom :)
| My kiddos...including a memento of Granty. |
The above picture says it ALL--YOU ARE A GREAT MOMMY...HAPPY MOTHERS DAY Love, Mike & Joanne
ReplyDelete