I flew into San Diego this evening - - no three hour delay this time....whew! I have a beautiful hotel room with a balcony overlooking the San Diego Harbor, but unfortunately I won't get to stay and relish the beauty of San Diego. I head out to Tijuana, Mexico, first thing tomorrow morning, and after I cross back into the U.S. tomorrow evening, I have to drive to Temecula, California. I have set the alarm so that I can head out on a very early morning run to enjoy some of the city. Ani has been giving me some pre-4am wake-ups the past few days (I jinxed it w/my easy baby comments!), so a 5am run will seem like I'm sleeping in!
I purposely booked tonight's flight as late as possible to ensure I could enjoy some time with Alexa and Ani. Today was a great day for Alexa at school, as it was the much-anticipated Water Day (students come in swimsuits and get to splash around), made even better with a craft and special snack. It doesn't get much better than that for Alexa! She was in great spirits when I picked her up early this afternoon to head to gymnastics, and in true Alexa form, she provided me with my daily dose of entertainment.
It's National Teacher Appreciation Week, and I somehow have become the Room Mother for the Infant Classroom. Yesterday, Ani and I headed over to the school in the morning so that I could decorate the classroom door to honor the wonderful Infant Room teachers. I created a "Wild About Our Teachers" theme, indulging my inner crafty self and was pretty proud of the result. Alexa caught her first glimpse of my handiwork this morning when Damon took her to school, and she was didn't hesitate to provide feedback when I picked her up this afternoon. "Mommy, I think you did a good job decorating the door, and it looks pretty nice. BUT, I think it's missing something. It really needs some sparkles."
I just looked at her and started laughing...this girl and her sparkles! I should have known my art project wouldn't meet Alexa's tough standards if it was glitter-free :)
![]() |
| My latest art project...haha |

ENDLESS ENERGY, now I know where Alexa gets it from in this family. Great job on the door....Love It. Love, Joanne
ReplyDelete