I cannot believe how quickly time has passed. I think back to Alexa at that age, and it's hard to imagine my little guy running around like a wild man and getting into everything. One of the things I'll always wonder is how Granty's personality would have evolved and developed has he grew older. His personality was so big at just five months-old, I cannot imagine it dissipating over time. I definitely would have my hands full with these two kiddos.
While I was collecting clothes from the hamper this afternoon, Alexa approached me with her arms open and asking for a hug. Of course, I immediately dropped the clothes and crouched down to hug her. Out of nowhere, she said, "Mommy, I really miss Granty." I'm not sure what sparked the comment, as Damon and I had not mentioned him nor had she heard 'Gone Gone Gone' today, but this simple statement reiterated the reality to which we've all had to adjust over the past eleven months. No matter what is happening, there is a constant void that never disappears; the sense of loss may vary in strength but never goes away.
Just like Alexa, we all miss Grant. I wish he was here today so we could all see the toddler into which he would have evolved. Happy 17-Month Birthday, Granty!
| Always ready for a good time! |
No comments:
Post a Comment