Monday, November 25, 2013

One Year....

One year....it's hard to believe it has been one year since Granty passed away, but at the same time it seems like forever since I've been able to hold my little boy.  This has been a very rough month, not to mention the agony of today's anniversary, but we're doing what we can to push through it and make our little boy proud.

Most people were not lucky enough to get to meet Granty and only got to know him through my words and pictures on this blog.  My vocabulary will never be able to capture the true essence of Granty, but his bright eyes and huge grin in those pictures speak volumes.  Thankfully we do have one video, albeit cell phone quality, that Damon captured the morning of his biopsy at Phoenix Children's Hospital.  It's hard to believe how happy and lively he was despite the ordeal he was undergoing (IV's, MRI, biopsy, anesthesia...).  The best part is that Granty was laughing even more hysterically (at his silly mother) before Damon was able begin recording on his cell phone.  Damon uploaded the video below to YouTube today....this has to be one of the most beautiful videos you'll ever see [warning - it will probably make you cry; I couldn't bring myself to watch it today].  It captures the spirit and personality of our vivacious little boy, not to the perspective upon life that it provides to the rest of us.

His laughter is forever captured in my heart and mind....it also helps to explain why he was always Mr. Popular with all of the doctors and nurses.  With that laugh,  it's impossible to not fall in love with him and become captivated his joy and innocence.

We miss you & love you, Granty!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2SCJld0B24

4 comments:

  1. Connie,
    I watched the video of Grant last night before bed. You were right, tears immediately began rolling down my face. Seeing his beautiful smile, hearing his giggle, witnessing the pure love between you two was heartwarming and gut wrenching at the same time. Through your words, I've known Granty. You have shown all of us how amazing and strong your little boy was through his short life. Not a day goes by that I don't think of you all. Whenever I see a giraffe, Superman, hear Phillip Phillips "Home" and "Gone, Gone, Gone" I immediately think of Grant. That's because of you. Keeping his memory and legacy alive through this blog has been a gift to everyone who reads it. You are the perfect example of a mother's love. Your strength through this most difficult time in your life is amazing. If I could be half the mother that you are and have shown through this blog, I consider myself lucky. We love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Connie, Couldn't help but sob during the video but I heard his voice and saw him laugh, having witnessed it is PRICELESS! You and your entire family are always in our thoughts an prayers. Love, Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Granty is beautiful.
    We love you.
    Sophene, Daron, Armenio and Ani

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry to respond so late, but for some reason, I get your blog 12 hours later. I also have been thinking of the three of you every day this last October and November. I know you have relived every sad day, but I promise you that it will get better. I know that you want to keep Grantys memory alive, but even as the years go by, Granty will still be with you. The hurt will reside, and you will smile as you remember his sweet smile and happy disposition. It's been a very long and difficult year for both of you. You both have endured so much. You both are stronger and wiser. It is evident that you both practice and believe those three very strong and powerful words, "Faith, Hope, and Love." You make everyone that knows you so proud as you continue to exemplify those very significant and meaningful words in your every day life. Granty, your beautiful angel, will never be forgotten. Love, Aunty Gail and Uncle Bruce

    ReplyDelete