Monday, February 10, 2014

A Girl of All Seasons

If it were up to Alexa, I think she would be the most over-scheduled child ever.  She wants to take lessons for anything and everything, and the Olympics have only expanded her interests.  Just a few days into competition, the Winter Olympics have exposed Alexa to new sports and each seemingly is added to her to-do list of activities she wants to learn.  I wasn't surprised when she asked me about figure skating lessons, as she has gone ice skating before, but some of her other requests surprised me.

Alexa and I were watching the men's slopestyle - a snowboarding event - and she was mesmerized by the aerial stunts being executed on the course.  "I want to do that!"  Within minutes, Alexa was mimicking the flips and turns as best she could, jumping off the couch and spinning wildly.  Our resident daredevil was far less impressed with the women's event, complaining that they didn't do enough tricks and flips.  Her ambitions didn't stop at snowboarding, as the previews for the ski jump also peaked her interest.  When I mentioned that we will have to take a family trip to the mountains next year to learn snowboarding and skiing, she wanted my assurance that snowboarding tricks and ski jumping would be included.  I will see if she's still asking for the latter after her first trip down the mountain.

Her list of lessons is already pretty vast - - swimming, gymnastics, tennis, figure skating, snowboarding, skiing, ski jumping....  If she requests curling lessons, I'm banning her from watching any more of the Olympics. :)

Our future Olympian....disciplines tbd.

3 comments:

  1. What's wrong with curling?! That's an awesome sport.

    Joe Pagano

    ReplyDelete
  2. Figure skating yes, definitely, Curling NO WAY---Love Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, we can set up a family curling team.

    Kevin Hoeing

    ReplyDelete