Wednesday, September 25, 2013

10-Months

Ten-months have now passed since Granty's death, and although the emotions are different than they were a few month ago, the sadness never goes away.  I cannot count the number of times I think about him during the day, and it's impossible not to see other babies and wonder "what if."  I'm sure we will have many of those moments with his baby sister, and I can guarantee Baby #3 will grow up learning about the legacy of her amazing big brother and the lasting impact he left upon so many people.  He will never be forgotten!

Tonight Alexa was playing make-believe with one of her stuffed giraffes, and it was very sweet to hear her pretending that Granty was the giraffe.  Her imagination instilled pretty magical powers on Granty - this giraffe could fly, eat two sweets a day (what a treat!) and played in the clouds.  She even brought Granty the giraffe to my side to help make me feel better.  :)

Unfortunately I don't know if it is the change in weather, a bug going around or my hectic pace, but today I was knocked out of commission by some flu-like symptoms: chills, fever, achiness...ugh.  During my 1pm conference call, I was sitting in my office with my heater turned on full-blast and still had chills up and down my body.  Needless to say, I headed home for some rest after the call and have been lounging around the house ever since.  Alexa has been very sweet and was on her best behavior, as I think she was enjoying the benefits of my sickness - she was able to watch an extra television show tonight.  I'm hoping it's a quick bout of illness or else I will be seeing the doctor tomorrow.

The legacy continues.....

No comments:

Post a Comment