Alexa and I headed to the splash pad this afternoon for a playdate with friends, an event Alexa was eagerly anticipating since bright and early this morning. It was surprising quiet at Scottsdale Quarter today, and the three girls played together beautifully. It was fun to see the kids (three girls + twin boys) splashing around in the water and having a blast, with no fighting or drama whatsoever. What a great way to spend the afternoon! Because of her morning lessons, Alexa is always very gymnastics-minded on Saturdays, and today was no exception. In the middle of the splash pad, she started to practice her push-ups, and I had to kibosh her plans to perform a backbend and cartwheel. Oy....I think I need to enroll her in a second gymnastics class each week; her energy level is unbelievable. Tonight, after a very long day, she finally fell asleep around 9:30, half-standing as she leaned against the base of the sectional.
BFF Gabriella's twin brothers were enjoying their first splash pad experience, and it was priceless to watch their expressions as they played in the jets of water. The twins are three-months older than Granty, so it is always a blast to see them and watch them grow up with each visit....of course it's impossible not to always have a "what if" in my mind, picturing Granty playing with his buddies. I think one of my favorite moments of the entire day was watching Nicholas' (one of the twins) face light up with glee as he stood in the path of one of the jets. It was the most joyous expression, and I couldn't help but picture the same reaction on Granty's face knowing how much he loved the water. Yep, Granty would fit right in at the splash pad. :)
| Striking a sassy pose at the splash pad....we are in trouble when she's a teenager with poses like this at four years-old! |
It was so much fun today!! I love seeing the girls play together!
ReplyDelete