Thursday, September 19, 2013

A Visit with Meaning

Tomorrow evening Alexa and I head to Fresno for an activity-filled weekend, with one of the key events being the celebration of Nana Hovey's birthday.  It will be a good opportunity to visit with the family (and enjoy some Me-n-Ed's Pizza) and enjoy a long weekend.

Tonight has been dedicated to laundry and packing for our trip tomorrow.  Somehow, I always manage to postpone packing until the night before and curse myself each time.  You would think I would have learned my lesson after many travel-laden years.  Nevertheless, I always seem to get everything packed and haven't missed a flight yet!

This will be my first trip to Fresno since December - Granty's funeral.  I realized tonight that trips to Fresno will forever have a different meaning and a gravity that did not previously exist.  Fresno is the site of Grant's burial, so it's also my chance to visit my little boy.  I cannot tell you how many thoughts and "conversations" I have daily with Granty, but there is a special symbolism about being able to visit the place where he is laid to rest.

There's no doubt the trip to the cemetery will be an emotional one, but I am looking forward to having the chance to be close to my Granty once again.



2 comments:

  1. Reading that gave me chills Connie. Your strength amazes me. I'm sure Granty is looking forward to having you close too.

    Westy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luke is counting down the minutes until you guys arrive!

    ReplyDelete