Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Wiggling

I am in Los Angeles for work during the next few days, but tonight I really wanted to be back home.  It wasn't just any Wednesday night....tonight was Alexa's first concert experience!  I never imagined I would be disappointed about missing a Wiggles concert (a children's musical group consisting of four rather peculiar guys), but that is exactly what happened today.  I definitely missed a fun evening!

Jenny (BFF Gabriella's mom) has been such an amazing friend over the past year, and she really outdid herself this time.  She entered a contest to win tickets to the Wiggles concert, writing a letter stating that BFF's Alexa and Gabriella needed a night out together.  Her letter must have been pretty impressive, because she won four tickets to the Wiggles concert in Phoenix.  I cannot tell you how excited Alexa was when I broke the news to her....Wednesday could not come fast enough this week!

Based upon the texts and pictures I received, it sounds like the girls had a great night.  Being the cost-conscious mom that I am (also trying to save Jenny from whining for souvenirs), I bought the girls some glow sticks - necklaces, bracelets and butterfly wands - to bring to the show.  Alexa was geeked to bring them and share them with her BFF.  In addition to the Wiggles themselves, it sounded like Alexa also enjoyed some of the peripheral aspects of the concert.  I had to laugh when Jenny texted me that Alexa was digging into the popcorn like it was going out of style....for the record, that's the Hovannisian in her :).

Alexa was pretty wiped out after the big event, so I didn't get the chance to talk to her tonight, but I am eagerly awaiting her recap tomorrow morning.  I'm sure she will still be ecstatic about the memorable night "Ms. Jenny" provided for them!

The two concert-goers having a great time.

1 comment:

  1. the girls had a blast. They have great hip action :-)

    ReplyDelete