Sunday, September 29, 2013

Change of Season

The long, hot summer seems to be nearing an end in Phoenix, something I've been anticipating for weeks now.  I was never so happy to turn off the air conditioner and open up all of the doors on the back of the house.  Today I had to remind Alexa that she could go outside and play, as it has been months since she's been able to play outside for more than ten minutes.

Alexa and I attended a Princess-themed birthday party this afternoon, a perfect chance for her to wear one of her dress-up costumes outside of the house.  I must have been asked 100-times between 9am and 2pm whether it was time to leave for the party.  We had a good time - it's always funny to watch these girls, who spend 10-hours a day, 5-days a week together, act like they haven't seen each other in ages when they get together on the weekends!  It was the perfect amount of time for a birthday party (two hours), and I'm sure Damon appreciated the chance to watch a couple hours of football with peace and quiet.

Congratulations on a very successful mini-marathon, Larry!  My brother-in-law not only recorded a great time, but he also earned the #5 fundraiser title among all racers and fundraisers.  Very impressive!  Damon and I are both honored and touched by his efforts in the fight against childhood cancer, especially since he did everything in honor of Granty.

Sporting one of her "Tangled" dresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment