Saturday, September 7, 2013

Excited Speculation

As Alexa sees my stomach growing, a fact she likes to bring to my attention every week or so, I think the idea of a baby sister is becoming more real and more exciting to her.  She's starting to ask how long until Christmas, but not because of the holiday, but rather she knows the baby will be coming after Christmas.  I have to admit, her excitement is contagious and is making me more excited about the new arrival...it's a nice break from the constant anxiousness about the health of baby #3.  The hope for a healthy baby has never had so much meaning!

Tonight during dinner, Alexa was very eager to talk about her new baby sister, and the conversation focused heavily upon how she thinks this baby will look.  Alexa has decided the baby will look like Granty and "baby Alexa" with blue eyes and blond hair.  I brought up the possibility that the baby could look like Damon with black hair and brown eyes, but Alexa immediately rejected that prospect.  "Granty and I don't look like Daddy!!"  She did concede the baby might have black hair when she's born (like "baby Alexa"), but she assured me the black hair will fall out and turn blond just like hers did.  I had to laugh...Alexa seems to have it all figured out, right down to the baby's changing hair.

It'll be interesting to see how Alexa's premonition pans out in January....if she's right, it sounds like poor Damon's genes will be trumped again!

Already excited to meet her new sibling....about 4.5-months to go!






1 comment:

  1. Connie, praying for a healthy happy baby no matter what her hair color is she will be BEAUTIFUL Love, Joanne

    ReplyDelete