Monday, September 30, 2013

It's Never to Early....

While I was making dinner tonight, Alexa suddenly popped into the kitchen to ask how many more days there are until Christmas.  Initially, I assumed she was eagerly awaiting the arrival of her baby sister, as we have given her the timing of "after Christmas" for when the baby will arrive.  However, she quickly quashed those thoughts, as she brought me the Pottery Barn Kids catalog to show me some of the Christmas decorations that caught her eye.  Ahh...the power of marketing.

Admittedly, our holidays last year were a little less than enthusiastic, so it's no wonder Alexa is already looking forward to the holiday season.  After I told her Christmas is still three-months away, Alexa's spirits were not diminished in the least, and the two of us listened to her animatronic bear (a gift from my good friend Linda) recite "Twas the Night Before Christmas" while I made dinner.  Tonight's bedtime story was even "The Elf on the Shelf."  It's a good thing we don't have an artificial tree, otherwise I have a feeling we would be the only house in the neighborhood with a Christmas tree set up in October.

In the meantime, I made sure the Pottery Barn Kids catalog found its way to the recycling bin....there's no way my frugal self can pay full price for Christmas decorations.  :)

Already looking forward to Christmas 2013!

1 comment:

  1. Hello!
    I just wanted to let you know that I am running on Oct. 26th (Run to fight children's cancer) in San Diego. I created a team name called Granty's Giraffe, hope that's okay with ya!

    Hope all is well, I love reading your blog. Can't wait for your little one to come during the holidays! Alexa is getting so big!

    I'll pass along pictures from the run to Sandra so she can show you! :)

    -Nurse Mandy

    ReplyDelete