Earlier in the day, Alexa was sitting on the couch, perusing the grocery sales ads; she is obviously knowledgeable of my shopping habits and knows the probability of getting an item is much higher if it's on sale. I took her to the store with me for a quick shopping trip, and suddenly the little girl who used to shy away from strangers became very vocal in the grocery store.
Her outspoken behavior began in the dairy section when I picking up cottage cheese (one of Alexa's favorites) from the dairy case. A guy reached into the case next to me, and his t-shirt exposed "sleeves" of tattoos up and down his arms. Suddenly, Alexa proclaimed, "Ugh...not another tattoo. And his are all over and huge!" I about died of embarrassment, but thankfully the guy had a great sense of humor and just began laughing. Nevertheless, I pushed the cart out of the dairy section as quickly as I could and reminded Alexa of the "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all" rule. She continued her conversations with customers in every aisle, especially if they had an item in their cart that she likes. Her talking did not stop and continued straight through the store to the checkout. Thankfully, her chatty interactions with the cashier were much more pleasant in nature, as Alexa was more than willing to share every facet of our lives with the cashier - - even telling her about "Baby Elizabeth" in my belly.
I'm glad she's starting to become more outgoing; now we just need to work on her filter!
| I think we should stick to the grocery store at The Children's Museum.... |
Connie, I had to laugh out loud at what Alexa said to the man with tattoos, I had Maddie and MaKenna at Monkey Joe's one afternoon and in walked a dwarf in a tank top. I can't begin to tell you how embarrassed I was at her remark and he was not as kind as Tatoo Man. Even an apology did not help this person. She continued talking about him even in the car. What can I say, "Out of the mouths of babes." Love Joanne
ReplyDelete