Aside from the Cardinals games, Damon and I were able to eek out a few shopping trips (for Damon's Cardinal apparel collection - it's a bummer being pregnant when it comes to clothes shopping), visit with friends (albeit too briefly) and Damon even met our niece Alana for the first time. We packed a lot of activities within the 2.5 days we were there....
Alexa didn't go to the baseball games with us, but she had a great visit and were it not for Alstott, I don't think she would have been too eager to return home today. One of the highlights of the trip for Alexa didn't even involve Damon or myself. My friend Molly knew I was working remotely Monday and had a lot of conference calls in the morning, so she graciously offered to take Alexa to The Magic House (St. Louis Children's Museum) for a members-only morning at there. I showed Alexa some pictures from the website, and she was beyond excited to go with Molly and her sons Patrick (4) and Charlie (2)...there was zero separation anxiety when Damon dropped Alexa off. Alexa and Patrick hit it off well, and from the reports I heard, they visited as many exhibits as they possibly could during the time they were there - giant bubbles, a play grocery store, sand table, static electricity display.... I was bummed to have missed it! The Magic House is a must-do on our next visit to St. Louis! To top things off, Alexa got to play in piles of leaves when they returned to Molly's house - heaven for a girl growing up in the desert with no leaves.
The cliche "There's no place like home" does hold true....I'm already looking forward to the next visit (probably Spring)!
| Enjoying herself in the play construction site at The Magic House. (In addition to being an amazing friend, Molly's also a phenomenal photographer!) |
No comments:
Post a Comment