Friday, October 25, 2013

Eleven Months

Another 25th of the month....another dreaded anniversary.  It's hard to believe it has been eleven months since Granty passed away.

Last night was another sleepless night for me - - the past few months have not been the most restful.  I find myself waking up in the middle of the night (dang pregnancy bladder), and I cannot get back to sleep - my mind races with thoughts of Granty and the experiences of a year ago.  In so many ways it is still a surreal experience; it's difficult to grasp what happened to our lives in the course of just a few months.  My little guy is always at the forefront of my mind....something I don't see changing anytime soon.

When Damon and I last went to the World Series, I was in the first trimester of my pregnancy with Granty.  In a rather appropriate coincidence, Game 4 of the World Series will include a Stand Up to Cancer tribute with placards honoring loved ones who have battled cancer - - I have a feeling there will be a few "Grant Hovannisian" placards in Busch Stadium on Sunday night.  :)

I wish he coming to the World Series with us again...
(kids under 3 are free at Busch!)

No comments:

Post a Comment