Monday, October 21, 2013

Jam-Packed

It was a whirlwind weekend, as my in-laws came to Arizona for a visit.  From the moment they picked Alexa up from Aftercare on Friday night (allowing me to squeeze in some extra time at work), it was a weekend full of activities.  Alexa had been anticipating their visit for weeks and created a long to-do list of things she wanted to do when Nana and Papa Hovey were in-town.  She took full-advantage of her time with them, as even their trip home from school was eventful - - the three of them came home after a quick detour toting a huge pumpkin and Halloween decorations for the house.  Not a bad start to the weekend!

Over the course of the weekend, Alexa engaged her grandparents in a variety of activities - from swimming in the pool to bike rides (even Nana Hovey rode a bike!) to pumpkin carving to a Sunday afternoon barbecue, there was not a dull moment to be had.  Damon and I could not stop laughing on Sunday morning, as before 9am, Alexa and Vernon had each eaten 1/4 of a chocolate Look! bar (that was Vernon's idea), gone for a bike ride and taken a dip in the pool.  I was not surprised when I found Alexa curled up in her bed at noon, "just taking a little rest."

When I picked up Alexa from school tonight, it was pretty obvious that she was a tired little girl.  She exclaimed, "I am so exhausted, Mommy...I didn't get any rest this weekend.  I need a break!"  I don't think I have ever heard my personal Energizer Bunny make a statement like that - - she must be tired.  It also sounds like she's been hanging out with her pregnant mom a little too much...lol

Alexa and Papa Hovey show off their pumpkin carving handiwork.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a ton of fun. So glad Papa Hovey and Nana had time with Alexa. Bike riding is not an option as I came back with a shattered wrist due to a biking accident when we were on Kiaweh Island last week. Have to catch up on all the blogs. Love, Joanne

    ReplyDelete