Wednesday, October 9, 2013

A Great Start

What a great Game 5 win for the Cardinals tonight!  I had a conference call rescheduled from 6-7pm tonight, so I was trying my best to focus on the call while I periodically checked the score of the game.  Needless to say, after the call wrapped, I turned my attention to the game and couldn't help but think of the 2012 NLDS Game 5.  Last year, my parents were in town for the dramatic come-from-behind victory versus Washington, and I remember little Granty, who had just come home from the hospital, watching the game from his bouncy seat.  I'm not a normal proponent of babies watching tv, but I was more than willing to make an exception for Cardinals baseball.  :)

My focus on the game caught up to me later tonight, as I had an obligation to make blueberry muffins for Alexa.  Since Damon has been out of town since Sunday, I had to pull double-duty, getting Alexa ready for school and picking her up in the evening.  Normally, I am out the door just as she's waking up in the morning.  I think she decided to take full-advantage of the change, as her breakfast choices shifted from the normal cold cereal she eats with Damon.  Rather, I was making Cream of Wheat each morning, and she even asked me to make waffles for her this morning - thankfully we were very low on the Bisquick.  However, she quickly negotiated having a blueberry muffin tomorrow morning as a substitute for not having waffles this morning, and I hastily agreed.  That 7:30am agreement led to me browsing muffin mixes in the baking aisle of Safeway at 9:15 tonight.  The things I'll do for my kids....I hope Alexa really appreciates these muffins tomorrow morning!

Damon returned today, so our morning routine will return to normal tomorrow.  I will miss Alexa's chipperness and good moods in the morning.  Today she was extremely excited to wear her uniform shirt to school, as she was going to the park with her Aftercare group this afternoon.  She made my day when she selected a huge giraffe bow for her hair to complement her beloved purple polo.  Her rationale? "I want to think about Granty today and pretend he's going to the park with me."  Yep - that put an immediate smile on my face...I knew it was going to be a good day!

Sporting a thoughtfully selected bow....
(Were it not for the Park today, she would have been wearing Cardinal red!)


No comments:

Post a Comment