Since illness kept Alexa from participating in Halloween festivities last year, she was extremely excited to celebrate the holiday this year. She had been plotting her costume for at least two months! This year's costume request was a lot simpler than last year - - a pink ballerina outfit is a lot easier to find than a purple mermaid. NeNe had the year off from making Alexa's costume, as I was able to buy the ensemble from online dance supply stores. I wouldn't let her wear the tutu before Halloween, so she'd been waiting patiently for several weeks while the tutu hung in her closet. The anticipation finally ended today, and she began dancing and prancing around the house as soon as she put on the tutu.
Alexa's excitement only grew when we met up with BFF Gabriella to go trick-or-treating....candy and reuniting with her BFF - it doesn't get much better than that! We met up with Gabriella and her family (Damon was working and was disappointed that he missed the festivities - - especially when he found out Gabriella's dad was there!) in a very kid-friendly neighborhood that was perfect for an efficient night of trick-or-treating. It was a ton of fun to watch the two girls together and catch-up with friends as we made our way around the neighborhood. We trick-or-treated for an hour or so, but I knew Alexa had amassed a significant stash when she asked me to carry her bag because it was too heavy.
The one-sweet-a-day rule is going to be a challenge to enforce...she made quite the haul tonight (I was excited to snag a full-size Twix for myself!). If she adheres to the rule, I think the candy will last her until February...
| The prima ballerina... I'm sure the request for dance classes will be coming soon. |
| It wouldn't be Halloween without our little Superman! |
Alexa makes a beautiful ballerina!
ReplyDeleteWhat an adorable ballerina!
ReplyDelete