Thursday, October 3, 2013

Happy 16-Month Birthday!

Today marked Granty's 16-month birthday, so once again he was on my mind a bit more than usual.  However, unlike the normal sadness that sets the tone on the 3rd of each month, today was a pretty good day and was more upbeat.  I'm sure the St. Louis Cardinals 9-1 victory over the Pittsburgh Pirates contributed to the tone of the day, but some happy reminders of Granty also improved the mood.

Since Alexa's swim class is now on Tuesdays, our Thursday nights are completely free....it's kind of a nice change!  Damon also had the day off today, and when he called me at 3pm to ask about dinner plans, I quickly made the decision that the three of us would go out to eat tonight.  Even though Alexa no longer has swim, I will continue to take Thursday nights as a cooking night off :)  We quickly settled on The Cheesecake Factory for dinner, a nice option when we're not craving anything in particular and an easy place to take Alexa.

While we were driving to dinner, the song "Gone Gone Gone" came on the radio, and as usual, Alexa squealed and began to belt out the words.  I know the thoughts of all three of us immediately drifted to Granty and what "should've been" today.  When the song concluded, Alexa poignantly said, "I think Granty's waving at us!"  What a perfect thought......

Her simple statement and imagery of our little boy helped to set the tone for an enjoyable evening - I know Granty was looking down and smiling upon the three of us, knowing he's constantly in our hearts.

Happy 16-Months, Baby Boy!
(He always sported a Cardinals onesie on playoff days!)

No comments:

Post a Comment