Alexa is excited to bring Armenian string cheese as the cultural food, but the outfit has been a completely different story. She has two Armenian flag t-shirts, but she absolutely despises them and refuses to wear them - - they don't meet her criteria of "pretty." I didn't want a battle tomorrow morning, so this morning I negotiated a deal that I would add sparkles to one of her Armenian shirts if she promised to wear it for International Day. Deal! So between conference calls today, I found myself at Michael's buying iron-on rhinestones in red, blue and orange. The project was not nearly as easy as I had hoped - it's a pain in the neck to line up those rhinestones! - and took up a lot more post-conference call evening than I anticipated. Poor Alexa could barely keep her eyes open, but I managed to finish the project before she fell asleep. She knows me too well; as I was trying to line up the rhinestones, she saw me getting frustrated and let me know, "it's okay if it's not perfect, Mommy." It's definitely not perfect, but it did garner Alexa's stamp of approval...whew!
There's no doubt that Alexa will be representing the Armenian culture.....only an Armenian girl would request a be-dazzled flag t-shirt!
| The Before..... |
| ...and the After. It passed Alexa's sparkle test and met the criteria of being "pretty." |
"Love, Love, Love It!" Grandma Gail will have to copy your idea for Madi! When Alexa gets a little older, Cousins Blair and Ashley will share their experiences of being the only blondes at Armenian church camp, going to a cultural event at UC Santa Barbara and attending an Armenian dance!" They would hear comments as " You are so tall, You have blonde hair, and the best one of all, "YOU CAN"T BE ARMENIAN!" We also laugh at the Armo blonde jokes!!! Our Madi loves jewels and sparkles too. Papa Bruce keeps blaming the Zarounian side but now I will tell him its just part of our genes!!!! I'm sure she is having a fun day. I loved the shirt!!!!! Love, Aunty Gail
ReplyDelete