Friday, December 27, 2013

Changing Gears

After a few days of solo time, I am ready for Damon and Alexa to return home tomorrow.  Between work and tasks around the house, I have been able to accomplish a lot in the past few days, but I definitely miss my pint-sized sidekick.  Thankfully we have had plenty of FaceTime chats, but both of us are looking forward to our reunion tomorrow.

Alexa had a great day today, as Papa Hovey took Alexa and her cousin Luke to the Fresno Zoo.  My father-in-law was kind enough to send me some video clips of Alexa enjoying her time at the zoo, feeding the giraffes and goats.  Alexa's a seasoned pro at giraffe feedings, and seeing the videos brought back great memories of our personalized giraffe encounters at the Phoenix Zoo and St. Louis Zoo last year.  I look forward to having similar experiences with Baby #3, as there's no doubt that she will grow up with a special place in her heart for these majestic animals.

Speaking of Baby #3, now that Christmas has passed, there's been a marked shift in the mindsets of Damon and myself to start preparing for our upcoming arrival.  I called Damon today, and he called me back within 15 seconds, worried that something was wrong.  Yes, we have definitely entered 'baby watch' mode :)  I'm just hoping she pays attention to her due date (January 24th), as I need every day within the next four weeks to prepare for her arrival and my maternity leave at work!

The trio at the zoo today....quite the snowman family!

No comments:

Post a Comment