Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Weighing the Options

Alexa is really getting into the holiday spirit this year.  As we drove home from gymnastics tonight, she asked me if we could celebrate Hanukkah this year....Oy vey!

The late Thanksgiving holiday has really condensed this holiday season; it's hard to believe Christmas is just three weeks away.  I have already promised Alexa that we will spend this weekend decorating the house for Christmas - apparently the inflatable Snoopy and vases of ornaments aren't enough this year :). 

Tonight Alexa and I had a lengthy discussion/debate about the Christmas tree.  I have never been a huge fan of real trees, as the watering, set-up and constant clean-up of pine needles is a bigger hassle than I would prefer to undertake.  I had intentions of buying an artificial tree during the post-Christmas clearance sales last year, but my intent never materialized.  I am willing to bite the bullet this year and pay pre-Christmas prices for the tree, simply to avoid another year of a real tree.  Alexa, on the other hand, was really pulling for a real tree, so I had to perform my best sales pitch to convince her of the reasons an artificial tree is better for us than a real tree.  After showing her a picture of the tree on the Costco website, I finally swayed her opinion, and she's excited to set up an artificial tree this weekend.  Whew!

Maybe I should have accepted her idea to celebrate Hanukkah....a menorah is a lot less complicated than a Christmas tree!


One ornament guaranteed to make the tree this year....
even though it doesn't match my purple-silver theme ;)





1 comment: