Since Alexa and I struck out on our quest for an artificial tree last weekend, the task of picking up a Christmas tree had to wait until Damon returned from Las Vegas. Apparently I've given Alexa the impression that I can do anything, as she was in disbelief that I couldn't unload the tree from the top of my car, bring it into the house and align it in the tree stand without any assistance....for the record, if I weren't eight-months pregnant, I would have attempted the feat on my own. :)
Damon could not get home soon enough for Alexa, so he borrowed one of his manager's trucks and drove to Costco on Tuesday to pick up the Christmas tree - an 8-foot fir. Alexa was ecstatic when she woke up on Wednesday morning and saw the tree. I convinced her that decorating the tree at 6am was not feasible, but I ensured her we would decorate it as soon as I picked her up from school. She held me to my word, postponing dinner so we could begin decorating the tree. I thought she was going to have a conniption when I told her I had to hang the lights on the tree before the ornaments could be hung. However, she did show some concern for me, after I was done standing on the ladder and hurriedly wrapping the lights. As I climbed off the ladder, she rubbed my stomach and said, "I know you're not supposed to climb a ladder, but I think the baby's okay." Alright - - it was finally time to turn the decorator loose.
I'm not sure if it was the time lag, fatigue or the process of hooking the ornaments onto the tree, but the excitement that had been building for weeks quickly waned.....she hung a whopping six ornaments on the tree before she decided she was over it. I would have picked up a Charlie Brown Christmas tree if I would have known that!
I asked her tonight if she wanted to finished decorating the tree, but she passed up the opportunity in favor of reading books and applying stickers to one of her dolls. It looks like I'll be decorating a tree this weekend....
I'm not sure if it was the time lag, fatigue or the process of hooking the ornaments onto the tree, but the excitement that had been building for weeks quickly waned.....she hung a whopping six ornaments on the tree before she decided she was over it. I would have picked up a Charlie Brown Christmas tree if I would have known that!
I asked her tonight if she wanted to finished decorating the tree, but she passed up the opportunity in favor of reading books and applying stickers to one of her dolls. It looks like I'll be decorating a tree this weekend....
| A very sparsely decorated tree..... |
No comments:
Post a Comment