Monday, December 2, 2013

The Elf Returns

Last year I struggled to get into the holiday spirit (for obvious reasons), but thankfully my friend Linda made sure that Alexa didn't miss out on the Christmas experience.  She sent Alexa a multitude of holiday decorations, including the 'Elf on the Shelf' set, and Alexa immediately embraced the concept of the elf and the 'magical' powers it holds.  December could not come soon enough for Alexa this year, as it meant the return of her beloved elf.  Her enthusiasm is contagious, and I am making sure to go all-out this year to embrace the magic of the holiday season.

I'm not quite sure of the gender and name of our elf....last year she named him Granty, but this year she has decided the elf is a girl named (of course) Elizabeth.  However, she continues to call the elf Granty, so I've given up referring to the elf by name and let her decide as the mood strikes.

Today was the first morning that Granty/Elizabeth made an appearance, and Alexa awoke bright and early at 6:15 to find her beloved elf.  She squealed with excitement when she saw the elf on the island in the kitchen, running to wake up Damon to show him what her silly elf had done.  I never knew a cup of flour could evoke so much excitement....

If this morning was any indication, I think this will be a very fun holiday season.  There's nothing like the enthusiasm of a four year-old to help get me in the holiday spirit!

The mischievous elf decided to play in the "snow" (flour)
and bring a little bit of the North Pole to Arizona.

1 comment:

  1. Connie, the much awaited elf has hit St Louis and Makenna informed me earlier that Drew, their elf needed a girlfriend. After explaining to her that we needed to call Drew and ask him if he already had a girlfriend. After calling Santa, Drew now has a girlfriend called Sarah. It just tickles me to see the magic of the elves in children's faces. Knowing that all of the great nieces and nephews have their elves brings a smile to my face. I am updated on where the elf appeared and what he or she or they were doing. AHHHHH XMAS!!!. Love, Joanne

    ReplyDelete