Saturday, December 28, 2013

Repeat Christmas (sort of)

My hiatus is over, as Damon and Alexa arrived home today, and not a moment too soon...I missed those two!  I eagerly left the office to pick them up from the light rail station (easier than the airport & Alexa loves to take the train) as their arrival time approached.  Alexa's at the age where she gives the best greetings - as soon as she saw me standing by the car outside of the light rail terminal, she screamed, "Mommy!" and ditched her suitcase to come running to me.  You would have thought that I hadn't seen her in weeks rather than just three days.  Needless to say, she made my day.

I discovered one of the benefits of cutting Christmas morning a bit short - - when Alexa came home this afternoon, it was like it Christmas morning all over again...just without the wrapping paper.  After showing me the gifts she received in Fresno, she excitedly rediscovered her presents from Santa that I had organized (I took advantage of the downtime and bought the perfect storage containers for all of the tiny pieces) while she was away.  For the next couple of hours, she was engaged with her Calico Critters and My Little Ponies.  It was only when she started to get tired - the past few days were chock-full of activity - that she put the toys away and asked me to sit with her on the couch.  Within minutes she was sound asleep, resting her head on my ever-growing belly.  Ahh....it's good to have my little girl back home.

I'm sure tomorrow will be jam-packed with the activities she didn't get to do today - - baking with the Easy Bake Oven, creating masterpieces with her WikkiStix and a much-anticipated tennis game (she wants to be like Serena).  Hopefully she'll go easy on me, especially on the tennis court.  I'm not sure how agile I am these days. :)

Today was like a repeat of Christmas morning
....sans pj's and wrapping paper.

1 comment:

  1. We hope Damon and Alexa had a wonderful visit with the Fresno Group. Glad they made it home safely. Love, Michael & Joanne

    ReplyDelete