What a weekend! Between gift wrapping, online shopping and normal weekend activities, it was a whirlwind weekend.
On Saturday night, Jenny and I took the girls out for a holiday celebration - toy shopping for Phoenix Children's Hospital, a visit to the train park for its holiday lights event and dinner. Apparently everyone in the metro Phoenix area had the same idea for the train park, as it was packed! The wait for the train was significantly longer than we ever expected - - we stood in line for over an hour and a half to board (my estimate of a 20 minute wait was way off!). Understandably the girls were a tired, hungry and a little cranky by the time we made our way through the line, but once they saw the light display, the ninety minute wait was a distant memory....they claimed the display was "the best thing EVER!" We bypassed the carousel ride and went straight to the restaurant for dinner; I've never seen them eat so well! Needless to say, we were all exhausted after the long night, and both girls were sound asleep just a couple of minutes into the drive home.
On Saturday night, Jenny and I took the girls out for a holiday celebration - toy shopping for Phoenix Children's Hospital, a visit to the train park for its holiday lights event and dinner. Apparently everyone in the metro Phoenix area had the same idea for the train park, as it was packed! The wait for the train was significantly longer than we ever expected - - we stood in line for over an hour and a half to board (my estimate of a 20 minute wait was way off!). Understandably the girls were a tired, hungry and a little cranky by the time we made our way through the line, but once they saw the light display, the ninety minute wait was a distant memory....they claimed the display was "the best thing EVER!" We bypassed the carousel ride and went straight to the restaurant for dinner; I've never seen them eat so well! Needless to say, we were all exhausted after the long night, and both girls were sound asleep just a couple of minutes into the drive home.
Damon had the day off on Sunday, his first day at home since before Thanksgiving. Knowing he would be home, I made sure the Elf left a special surprise for Alexa on Sunday morning - a gingerbread tree. Initially I was looking for a traditional gingerbread house to accompany the house she decorate for Halloween, but Michaels didn't have any pre-constructed houses, so I opted for the easier tree of stacked star-shaped cookies. Needless to say, Alexa was excited to have the ability to practice her decorating skills (I had to talk her out of decorating it at 7am). I left Damon and Alexa to fulfill their 'Cake Boss' dreams, as I headed out to complete some errands. I came home to find a 'beautiful' masterpiece.
As lovely as the cookie tree is, I don't think Damon nor Alexa will be soliciting any phone calls from Buddy Valastro....
As lovely as the cookie tree is, I don't think Damon nor Alexa will be soliciting any phone calls from Buddy Valastro....

Alexa, absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy Holidays! Love, Joanne
ReplyDelete