Friday, January 17, 2014

A Little 'Cray Cray'

The experience of having a newborn again brings back so many memories of Alexa as a baby; it's amazing the little things you forget.  My little Alexa seems to be growing up faster than ever....

Alexa was in a fantastic mood when I picked her up from Aftercare today, so she happily agreed to accompany me for a quick trip to the grocery store.  Lately she has been very curious about the origin of meat (i.e. ham comes from a pig), so I couldn't help but laugh as she skipped through the meat aisle and asked me from what animal each product was derived.  The whole chickens stopped her dead in her tracks, especially when she saw some blood in the package.  I thought she might convert to being a vegetarian immediately, but the display case of desserts caught her attention and erased the "traumatic" images from her mind.

Our adventure at the grocery store only became more entertaining as we made our way to frozen foods.  NeNe had spoiled us with desserts when she was in town, so I allowed Alexa to pick out an ice cream (Skinny Cow) treat for her after-dinner sweet.  I was a little sleep-deprived today (Ani could not get comfortable last night), and I mistakenly referred to caramel as butterscotch.  Alexa immediately noticed my misstatement and said, "Mommy, I think you're going 'cray cray'."  I didn't know whether to laugh or cry that my not even five year-old daughter was using slang terminology.  I asked but didn't receive a definite answer as to where she had learned the term 'cray cray' (slang for crazy).  Something tells me this little girl is going to contribute to me becoming a little crazy over the next thirteen years.....

Not such a little girl anymore.....

No comments:

Post a Comment