Sunday, January 19, 2014

Voicing Her Displeasue

Although the physical similarities between the three Hovey kiddos are undeniable, it will be interesting to see how their personalities develop.  Ani had no problem differentiating herself from her older siblings today as we gave her the first official bath.  Unlike Grant, Ani absolutely hated the experience and was extremely vocal with her opinion.

We made Ani's first bath a family affair, as Damon, Alexa and I teamed up to wash the five-pound munchkin.  She is not a happy camper when I change her clothes and diaper, so I had a feeling it was not going to be a blissful experience for the peanut.  Sure enough - it did not take long for Ani to express her displeasure with the situation, as she howled and screamed louder than I've ever heard her.  Alexa was taken aback, as her only previous experience was with Granty, who absolutely loved the water and would coo happily during his baths.  She never expected to see a baby scream hysterically.  Needless to say, I rushed through the bathing experience as quickly as I could to end the "torture."

I figure I have three years to acclimate Ani to water....I will do anything to avoid a round of swim lessons like I used to endure with Alexa!

Not exactly a water baby.
Alexa didn't know what to do...she thought all babies loved baths.
Still hating it - even after being swaddled in a warm towel.

2 comments:

  1. She's even adorable when she's screaming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you think she's crying because of her bath or is it she got a look at her Daddys hair:)? Love her little face!!!

    ReplyDelete