Well, things are definitely not going according to plan with this baby....
After a sleepless night of knowing I was 'on call' from the hospital, I received a call from my doctor's office around 9am, advising me that I would likely not be getting the call from the hospital until tonight. I'm not quite sure how the scheduling/prioritization of these medical inductions works, but the nurse told me there was one induction ahead of me. As a result, I did have an ultrasound at noon today (at my OB's office) to make sure everything still looks good with the baby, and fortunately it does - - not much changed in three days. And so, as of 10pm tonight, I am continuing to await the call from the hospital. Let's hope the cliche "Good things come to those who wait" comes true.
During this entire pregnancy, I have speculated that this baby is going to be a mini-Alexa, as the similarities between this pregnancy and Alexa's are undeniable. The ultrasound tech comments on the baby's head of hair at each visit, and I have to smile because Alexa also popped out with a full head of dark hair (definitely didn't last too long...lol). The similarities continue - with Alexa, I was originally planned to be induced on Tuesday but was bumped to Wednesday. Hmm...the same situation is recurring here. Pretty crazy.
Hopefully I will have good news to share tomorrow night. I'm definitely getting a good lesson in patience today!
The entire family is in our thoughts and prayers. We are anxiously awaiting the arrival of Alexa and Granty's baby sister. Love, Mike and Joanne
ReplyDeleteThinking of you and hoping you receive that call soon. Good things DO come to those who wait. (I got Uncle Gary lol) I can't wait to hear the news of your precious new baby girl. Hugs and lots of love, Sally Rose
ReplyDelete