Friday, January 31, 2014

Power of Sound

Although she's tiny, Ani is one feisty and very vocal little baby.  Damon and I are constantly entertained by the grunts, squeaks, squawks and sighs that Ani makes.  I have actually had to turn down the nursery monitor because I was constantly being awakened by her cacophony of noises.

As I held Ani last night and prepared to put her in her crib, She made a sound that stopped me in my tracks and physically took my breath away.  Ani yawned and let out a sigh.....it was identical to the sigh that Granty used to make.  It's amazing that such a simple sound became emblazoned in my mind.  Hearing the sigh elicited a dichotomy of emotion - it brought upon the sadness for the loss of Granty, but also reassurance and comfort that reminders of Grant will always be present in his sisters.

Giving a little yawn...and of course "that sigh"

1 comment: