For the past few months, I have hemmed and hawed over the decision to have a newborn photo shoot of Ani. I did not have professional photos taken of Alexa until she was three months-old, so I was envisioning arguments of favoritism fifteen years from now if Ani had newborn photos but Alexa did not. (Yes, you can tell I am one of four girls....) I had firmly settled in my decision that I would wait for her first pictures until she was three months-old; however once the little peanut arrived, I soon changed my mind.... Even a week after her arrival, I am still captivated with her diminutive, perfectly proportioned frame.
I am fortunate to have a friend who is a wonderful photographer, so when I texted her last night to inquire about her availability, I was thrilled when she mentioned she had time for the shoot today. I had no idea of the expertise and patience required for these newborn sessions - not to mention the added complexity of Alexa's appearance for some pictures of the two Hovey girls. Newborn sessions are quite the ordeal! Thankfully Lindsay was up to the task (she also shares my proclivity for meticulous attention to detail), even enduring a 'marking' from Ani. The little peanut was doing everything in her power to stay awake, but she finally succumbed to her heavy eyelids so Lindsay could work her magic. I too could have curled up for a nap....it was an exhausting process!
I am looking forward to seeing the outcome of today's session. Lindsay was kind enough to send me a couple of previews - - there are definitely some hilarious shots - - and I can attest that I am happy with my decision to have this newborn session. I figure I have fifteen years to derive my explanation for Alexa as to why her little sister had an extra photo session as a baby.

That is an awesome picture! It made me laugh! Alexa won't be upset there aren't newborn pictures of just her since she is included in some of Ani's newborn pictures.
ReplyDeleteI was so happy to take those photos! Love your family...and personally I prefer those real expressions over just smiles any day!
ReplyDelete